Skip to main content

Packing for the Magical Place

If you are anything like myself, packing for a long vacation can really make your head hurt. Packing for a magical vacation, can send you right over the edge!!!! I have found some things that really help me when I travel to Disney, and packing tips I will pass along to you.



I begin this mind boggling process by gathering various sizes of zip lock bags. I used to use the Wal Mart brand, however they really do not work well since the packaging changed. I would rather pay just a little more and know that my shampoo and other runny products will not get all over my clothing.


I am way to OCD for my own good!!! My husband tells me all the time, but I just can't help it! My brain needs to see things written out, or I just can't comprehend something. So, I write things out. I make a list of the days we will be away, add the weather, write out what Miss R will wear, and I begin rounding up my packing items. ( You are getting a look inside my brain. Scary, right!!!)


I will write the day on the outside of the bag, Then I put everything my little sweet pea will need for the day inside that bag. This makes it very easy for the hubs to help. When you are trying to make a character breakfast reservation, you need every second. I have found that this helps!

 This is the finished product! 
Now, it all gets packed nice and neat into a suit case. 




This is an absolute must!!!! I never leave home without when traveling with a small child. Every resort has a laundromat. 


Every item in this picture has to go with me on every trip!!! I can't stand the little soap every hotel will give to wash hand.... so I bring my own pump soap. Wipes of any kind are very important when you have small children. Hand sanitizer is even more important when you and your little one's will be touching things that thousands of other people have touched. Just think about that for a minute. 


Last, but most importantly......small coolers with cold packs. I will always take small coolers into the park. Even though I recommend the Dining Packages, I still make sure to bring little snack foods (yogert, cheese, and other items that will need cold packs) for my little one. I have found that a meal plan is great, but sometimes a child would rather have familer food than park food. Also, Disney is a Coke park only. So for all of you Mt. Dew and Dr.Pepper fans, you won't find any of that inside the Walt Disney World Resort. Bring your own!!! 

I hope this helps as you get ready to take a magical vacation! 

Comments

  1. I pack in baggies, too, and make a list like that! Glad to see someone else does the SAME thing! Glad to see the tip for the cooler bag! We will definitely do that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Biggest Contest of the Year

Hello Followers and Fans, I am in a very festive mood today. The Christmas music, lights, lots of chocolate dipped things, and smell of gingerbread cookies has me in a gift giving mood today. Tis the season for giving....... and a little bit of pixie dust. Would you like to win a $200.00 deposit for you next Disney Destination vacation?? Well, if you do just comment on this blog post. That is all you have to do. I do have a few contest rules and regulations. 1. You must be a follower of my blog to enter. 2. This contest is only for adults. You must be 21 or older to enter. Sorry kiddos, just ask your parents to enter.  3. If you like my Facebook page I will throw in an extra ticket for you in the drawing. 4. In order for you to received the 200.00 toward your Disney Destination vacation, you must book a package with Zip a dee doo dah Travel. This package may be booked in 2012. This offer will expire December 31 2012. 5. Only one winner will be chosen to receive the 200.00 depo
Disney Cruise Specialty Information: Theme Nights, Excursions, Special On Board Activities Requiring PRE-Sign Up  Theme Nights:  On each cruise there are a variety of specialty nights that you might want to prepare for. Some people go all out for these nights and some people do nothing…it is a personal preference what you wish to do, but we want you to have all the information you need to make that choice PIRATE NIGHT:  (Happens on all ships/sailings) https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/pirate-night-deck-party/ Schedule of Nights Based on Cruise Length: 3-night cruises: • One cruise casual night—no swimwear or tank tops • One pirate night themed deck party • One optional “dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women 4-night cruises: • First night is cruise casual—no swimwear or tank tops • One pirate night themed deck party • One optional dress-up night—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women • Final night
One of my favorite things to do at Walt Disney World during Christmas is to visit the deluxe resorts.  Each resort is decorated in it’s own unique way.  The Grand Floridian features a life sized gingerbread house in it’s lobby.  When you walk in, you can smell the gingerbread…yum!!  Here’s a time lapse video of how the magic happens at the Grand Floridian! https://youtu.be/Si2pcosZjbk